Sunday, March 21, 2010

Camera full! Must blog!

Greetings, friends!

The camera had almost 100 photos & films on it,
so I felt I should relieve its burden.

I write to you on the eve of Fletcher's 4th birthday.
I guess this time, 4 years ago, we were scrambling to assemble
the crib & finish the nursery.
That morning we were at the hospital and had been sent home,
so we knew he was coming soon!

With every milestone or anniversary this
year comes a bittersweet emotion.
Happy to celebrate an occasion within our growing family,
but sad that it's the first of many
without our dear mother & Grammy.

And so, on the eve of the anniversary of
my own initiation into motherhood,
I am missing my mother terribly.
I am proud to say that I wish to grow more like her.


And now, some happy pictures of kids!
Can't stay sad with these crazies!

Leigh's Lamb

Stephan, Eisley & Weston on our Dallas trip in January.
It was good to see you guys!
We'll have to come visit you in Florida.  :(

An outfit that Grandma (Wes' mom) gave her.
I'm sure she'll want a copy of this one!

The two babes.
Let me just say that a 4 year-old thinks
the rules are rewritten every day.
So, today he can climb on the crib,
whereas yesterday it was not allowed.
I've taken to blaming Wes: "Daddy doesn't want you to do that."


Leeeaaaaning...
Such trust.

Fletcher & Irene.
Awwww...  Irene started it...

Her first rice cereal.
Yummmm!!

Play-doh creations by Fletcher.
This is our family, from left:
Baby Leigh (wrapped in a pink blanket),
Fletcher, Daddy, Mommy.

Lauren with Leigh on our balcony.

She's started to discover her feet.
One thing about her: she discovers things, then moves on.
Fletcher would accumulate discoveries
and incorporate them into his day.
Leigh masters something, then doesn't
do it again for a week or more.

Mister Jelly-Face.

Clean girl.

Playing on the bed.

Fletcher took a picture of us.

Loves the booster chair.
She can't sit on her own, but she does well
if she's strapped in and has the tray in front of her.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Precious kiddos! I can't even begin to imagine how tough it is to not have your momma here! What a precious example and model she was to SO MANY!
Continuing to pray for your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

oh man. sweet sara, i'm thinking of you today! sending lots of love you way.

and happy birthday to fletcher!!! FOUR?!?!? how'd that happen?? he's getting so big!!! both of your kiddos are! loved the update!