Monday, March 27, 2006

sorry...

no new pictures today.

I escaped to school to try to get my bearings on where I'm at as far as school work. I have to start back tomorrow. The last five days have been ridiculous. But in a good way. Except I forgot to bring my memory disk with the pictures. I promise I'll put some new ones up tomorrow.

We took Fletcher to the doctor today. The doctor's name is Durdana Malik. I predicted Scandinavian heritage, but it turns out she's Indian. He had to get a blood test in a freezing cold room to test his bili levels (toxins in blood that create jaundice). He of course screamed like an infant but I'm proud of him. He's been really sleepy all day since and won't even eat. He's had a rough day. We're trying to keep him up during the day so he won't be quite so difficult at night, but it's not easy. He must have learned from Giada (friends have a 3 month old who slept through an ambulance blaring sirens not twenty feet away).

For those of you who are keeping track, here are some stats:

birth weight/current weight: 7 #, 9 oz/7#, 3.5 oz (this is normal, they lose 10% in first week)length: 20 inches
foot size: 3.5 inches
hair color: dark brown/black
eye color: dark brown/black
skin color: yellow (un-dangerously and kind of cutely jaundiced.) we call him mellow yellow. quite rightly.

Sara's doing okay. Tired. But what's new? Send out your prayers and good vibes for her tomorrow, as it will be her first day home alone with the little man (I'll be busy from 9 am - 10 pm, ugh.)

OK, must depart. Need to go buy vaseline. More soon, I promise, with pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes, congratulations! Tell Sara I hope she's completely recovered and good to go in no time. I'm sending out as many good vibes as possible to both of you. Say hi to Fletcher for me!

Anonymous said...

yeah you will see he will sleep through ambulance sirens, bag pipes, and really bad celtic tunes in no time! st paddys day rocked!

xoxo
g, g, & j